Letters and Opinions

These are opinion pieces that I have had published in a variety of newspapers and magazines. I have been writing letters-to-the-editor since 2006, and have had over 160 published since then. I also play guitar and sing in a musical revue called The Loser's Lounge. With a cast of guest singers, we perform tributes to great songwriters and bands. The show is in its 24th year, and we perform at Joe's Pub - The Public Theater and Lincoln Center in New York City.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012


Much has been made of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's statement that he is not "concerned about the very poor," but I saw something else in his quote. Metro published my observation on February 3, 2012.

*****

While folks are upset that Mitt Romney stated he isn't "concerned about the very poor." I'm surprised there isn't more of an uproar that he isn't "concerned about the very rich" either. After all, his super PAC has raised almost $18 million from only 181 donors. I just hope Romney's plans to reduce or eliminate the corporate tax and capital gains rates will help smooth things over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home