Letters and Opinions

These are opinion pieces that I have had published in a variety of newspapers and magazines. I have been writing letters-to-the-editor since 2006, and have had over 160 published since then. I also play guitar and sing in a musical revue called The Loser's Lounge. With a cast of guest singers, we perform tributes to great songwriters and bands. The show is in its 24th year, and we perform at Joe's Pub - The Public Theater and Lincoln Center in New York City.

Thursday, May 20, 2010


I had some fun putting these two sentences together. Unusually, Metro held onto the letter for a week before publishing it on May 17, 2010.
*****
While I understand those who criticize the failure to capture the Times Square terrorist before he'd already boarded a plane bound for Dubai, I can't help but relish his private world of terror as he breathed a sigh of relief while passing through security, entered the plane, was seated, and congratulated himself on his perfect escape - just before his heart froze and his arrogance was shattered. It may not be top-notch security, but it will play better in the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home