Letters and Opinions

These are opinion pieces that I have had published in a variety of newspapers and magazines. I have been writing letters-to-the-editor since 2006, and have had over 160 published since then. I also play guitar and sing in a musical revue called The Loser's Lounge. With a cast of guest singers, we perform tributes to great songwriters and bands. The show is in its 24th year, and we perform at Joe's Pub - The Public Theater and Lincoln Center in New York City.

Saturday, July 17, 2010


Opinions on Mel Gibson's professional future, in the wake of his recorded profane rants to his ex-girlfriend, were solicited by Dorothy Robinson's column "The Word" in Metro. I thought the topic was worth two sentences. Ms. Robinson sent me back a nice note, and I thank her for including my two cents on July 14, 2010.
*****
Mel Gibson's violent outbursts against his ex-girlfriend should earn him an Oscar for Best Thug. However, fame has a way of smoothing rough edges, and Gibson may only be one movie and a tearful interview with Oprah away from redemption.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas Pryor said...

Yep. It will probable play out exactly as you wrote it.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home