Letters and Opinions

These are opinion pieces that I have had published in a variety of newspapers and magazines. I have been writing letters-to-the-editor since 2006, and have had over 160 published since then. I also play guitar and sing in a musical revue called The Loser's Lounge. With a cast of guest singers, we perform tributes to great songwriters and bands. The show is in its 24th year, and we perform at Joe's Pub - The Public Theater and Lincoln Center in New York City.

Saturday, March 07, 2009



My letter from March 2, 2009 received a rather heated response from a gentleman who completely misinterpreted my piece. It must be his opposition to my politics that inspired his ire, for although I never mentioned our President in my letter, he saw fit to bestow upon me the moniker "Obama sycophant." That truly tickled me. I wrote a short follow-up response to amNY, but, alas, it was not published. Here is what I said:

Re James Longo's letter - 3/2. Unfortunately, Mr. Longo missed the sarcasm of my letter responding to a ridiculous suggestion that welfare recipients be regularly drug tested to continue receiving benefits. As for his charge that I am an Obama sycophant, I have criticized the President's stance on gay marriage in the pages off this newspaper. Of course, otherwise he can do no wrong. (Just kidding, Mr. Longo.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home