Letters and Opinions

These are opinion pieces that I have had published in a variety of newspapers and magazines. I have been writing letters-to-the-editor since 2006, and have had over 160 published since then. I also play guitar and sing in a musical revue called The Loser's Lounge. With a cast of guest singers, we perform tributes to great songwriters and bands. The show is in its 24th year, and we perform at Joe's Pub - The Public Theater and Lincoln Center in New York City.

Friday, March 13, 2009



Although the final sentence of this letter was taken out when Metro published it on March 11, 2009, I'm happy with how it works as a shorter statement. The full version reads:

I am pleased that President Obama has declared that his administration will defer to science and not ideology when considering matters of import such as stem cell research. But I hope he will apply the same criteria to the issue of gay marriage. Equality, like science, must not be abridged by religious beliefs. The Obama Administration would do well to recognize the hypocrisy behind championing scientific integrity while failing to defend the rights of gay Americans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home